Saturday, September 15, 2012

What's Your Style?

Hello Cupcakes!!

This morning I was on Twitter catching up on some morning tweets, when I came across a promoted tweet from HomeGoods. It seemed intriguing so I just had to open the link in the tweet. It was a fun little "stylescope" quiz to find out what your style is. I love design, so these types of quizzes are a nice little treat for me. In high school I took an interior design class and never felt more at home. I'm not sure why I never ended up on that route, maybe it's because I'm indecisive. I'm probably the most indecisive person you will ever meet. As I mentioned in previous posts, I'm currently building a house and it took me over 100 paint swatches, 3 different brands of paint until I found the perfect blue for the inside (Which ultimately was Serious Gray by Sherwin Williams). Some may call that being picky, but I seriously just couldn't decide. The stress was especially strong when it came to the exterior color, since it's much more permanent than the interior, and they happened to discontinue the outside color I picked for the house. I had to go pick another color, can you imagine my anxiety? The fear of picking the wrong color after spending so much time finding the perfect color? Haha spastic I know!


In any event, design has always been a passion of mine, which is why I can't wait until my house is built so I can go room by room decorating it.  Don't worry I will be taking you all on that journey with me! I'm little bit curious on how it will all turn out considering my boyfriend of 3 1/2 years and I have completely different taste when it comes to almost everything. Let's just say it makes for an interesting relationship. :) 

Below is the Stylescope quiz that I took. I could not have agreed more with the outcome. This Stylescope quiz also made me want to find the nearest HomeGood store so I can start stocking up for my new house! What's your style? Find out below! 



Source: HomeGoods.com


Source: HomeGoods.com

In case you are wondering, here are the five photos I picked! Who doesn't love heart marshmallows in their hot chocolate? Ironically, I don't like marshmallows (unless they are burnt and put in s'mores!) but I just had to choose the photo because it makes me so happy.


Source: HomeGoods.com

And my style is... FARM HOUSE GLAM!! I guess that's a new way of describing the vintage, country look!


Source: HomeGoods.com

Source: HomeGoods.com

 If I had any input on the Farmhouse Glam, it would be less gold and more silver and lots of blue detail!  But that's just my personal taste! :)


Source: HomeGoods.com
Take the Stylescope quiz here!

Leave a comment below telling me what style you are! Also if you have any tips on how to combine my boyfriends style of Modern Metro, with my Farmhouse Glam let me know!

If your style matches mine, follow me on Pinterest, you just might find your next design project! Have a happy Saturday everyone! :)


Sincerely,
Adi

No comments:

Post a Comment