Sunday, September 16, 2012

Gone-before-you-know-it Pizza Dip

Hello Cupcakes!

It's that time of year... football season!!! Now I can't say I'm a big football person, but I love the food that always seems to be associated with football when it's on TV. I love the idea of people coming together cheering on their favorite teams, even if your friend's favorite teams aren't the same as your favorite. But, whatever team you are rooting for, I have an A-MAY-ZING pizza dip that will have everyone rooting for more and more!

At family gatherings with my family, you either have to get there early or be on time to enjoy this yummy dip because it's gone within 5 minutes. I had to introduce this scrumptious dip to my friends, after that day, if there is ever a gathering where I don't make it, my one friend Kelly is the first one to (jokingly) yell at me. So hopefully all of these examples will have you trying it out yourself! The best part, second to taste, is that it only takes 10 minuets to make! Here's how:


 What you will need:


1 pack of room temperature cream cheese 8 oz
1/4 teaspoon Basil
1/2 teaspoon Parsley
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup pizza sauce 
Any topping of your choice: pepperoni, green peppers, olives etc
9 inch pie pan

Directions:

First off, it is important that your cream cheese is at room temperature, this makes it easier when mixing in the spices. Blend the cream cheese with 1/4tsp basil, 1/2tsp parsley, 1/2tsp oregano. I used a mixer to blend them, but you can use a spoon or spatula.



Next smooth the cream cheese mix on the bottom of the 9 inch pie pan with a rubber spatula. Then add 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and a 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese sprinkled on top of the cream cheese mix.


After you sprinkle on the cheese, add 1 cup pizza sauce and spread it evenly on top of the cheese.


Once again add 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and sprinkle it evenly on top of the pizza sauce.


Finally, add whatever toppings you'd like on your pizza dip. For my pizza I added green peppers. You can also get mini pepperoni to put on your dip, that's my favorite topping I just forgot it at the store!


Once you've added all the toppings you want to your pizza dip microwave for 5 minutes and you're done!!!


Let me know if you try it out and what toppings you used, or would like to use! Also if you have any great game day recipes let me know! I love snacks, so even though I'm not big into football, I love learning all kinds of new snacks to make! Hope this makes your game day parties into a sure-fire win! :)

Sincerely, 
Adi





No comments:

Post a Comment